I have so many junky treasures that I have collected over the years, I am not sure where to start. I will just start with a tiny room in my house. My main floor bathroom.
Come on in.
Let's check it out. That tin star by the door is from the FIRC, our small local charity thrift. I think I paid less than a dollar. I was raised in the lone star state, so yee ha!
This cute little shelf is also a $2 FIRC find. The little lantern candle holder also from FIRC for 30 cents.
Moving right along:
This cute vase was 79 cents at, you guessed it, the FIRC. Ignore the weird arrangement, I just threw out the dying flowers. The branches are from my yard that were mixed in there. That flat rock was painted by my aunt. It is a bear with a trout in his mouth.
I already had the frame, but I purchased the Grandma Moses print for 75 cents (two for 1.50) at the ARC in Denver. Oh how I love the ARC. It is the best thrift store ever. There are around six locations in Denver, but I wont tell you which are the best : ) Everything is half off on Saturdays. Or, take your young self, mom or grandma and go on a Tuesday (half off for seniors).
See the wooden pedastal bowl with lotions etc? That was another $2 ARC find. Finally, I got the good quality mirror at "Curbys" (that is code for junk placed on the curb with a "free" sign). My husband made the frame with scraps from the garage.
Don't get me started on my craigslist habit.
Luckily for me, my husband is like-minded. This is a true story that happened just this very week.
I am driving to the store and I spot a bench on the side of the road in my neighborhood. You know, at "Curby's." As I whizzed by I got a brief glimpse. I think to myself, I should call Matt and have him swing by and take a closer look. I knew he was busy though, so I refrained. About an hour later my cell phone rings:
Matt: "Hey did you see the bench at the front of the Cove?"
Me: "Why yes I did. I was going to call you, but I knew you were at a meeting."
Matt: "Well I saw it on my way to my meeting and am just driving by it again."
Me: "I think it would work in my office."
Matt: "Okay, I'm on it."
Disclaimer: For anyone concerned, we are not going to end up on a two-part special episode of "Hoarders." I also donate a lot of crap to the thrift on a regular basis.
If you want to see some more from lovers of junk, check out Rhoda's thrifty treasures party here.




