Me and My Junky Ways: Part 2

Okay, I am going to do a series on my thrifty finds. Since I am super-hyper blogger these days, I thought I would spread it out a bit and not show you everything all at once. You know, give you something to look forward to.

We are just getting to know one another after all. : )



I am going to reiterate that I live in the mountains, like really way up at the top of the mountains. So anyway, I feel a certain compulsion to decorate in a lodge-like manner. If I lived in a normal place, even Denver for example, I might not necessarily have a dead bear in my living room (more on that guy later) or be so rustic..


Anyway, back to the post.

These next few items are from my living room.



I got this cute little table at a garage sale last summer. The lady selling it is/was a stager or decorator or something like that. She had a bunch of cool stuff.  She had a price of $40 but I told her I had a  garage sale budget of $30 and I had already spent $5 so could I get it for $25??  She fell for it. It was more than I normally pay for garage sale stuff, but I really liked it.  My sister-in-law is still mad that she didnt get it.  Hey, you snooze, you lose or "all is fair in garage sale shopping"-- that is my motto.

Looking at that picture reminds me that the little basket is ugly. I need to remember to look for a cute one next time I am at the thrift.

Here is another recent find:


I got these balls of "whatever" for $2 /bag at the ARC.  The little plate was $2 as well. Both prices reflect the 1/2 off Saturday deal.  Does it make me cheap if I don't like paying full price at the thrift store? 

Alright, one more:



The picture with red matting is an etching of deer crossing the road.  It was matted and framed  and marked for$7 but I scored it for $3.50 at the Goodwill (they usually have 1/2 on Saturday as well). I like to shop the art department at thrift stores because I can find unique items and because I always secretly think I am going to uncover a masterpiece worth thousands.  Hey, I can dream right?

If you want to see other thrifty treasures over at Rhoda's blog, click here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...